Thursday, May 13, 2010

Moving Logistics

Today I have been trying to set up the logistics of my move across the country. Some things were pretty much set by outside factors, such as how long I have before I have to be out of my current place. In order to keep myself from stressing out anymore, I did make a smart decision. I am not going to try and rent a truck and move everything myself. Instead I am going to rent a POD storage container, load that up, and let them move it to Seattle for me. Then on the other side all I will have to do is pay a monthly storage fee to keep my stuff in place until I have a place of my own.

This is wise because I will be living with my brother and sister-in-law until I have a job and can get my own place. I still need to pare down my pack-rat accumulation of junk, but it will not be as severe as if I needed to go down to only what would fit in one room.

I have to say that I am finding it very freeing to be getting rid of the junk that seems to be weighing me down. I have come across clothes that I have not worn since college, VHS tapes of movies that I have since bought on DVD, and paycheck stubs for companies I have not worked for in 6-7 years. Why do I have all of this? I suppose it is because I had space to fit it into and no motivation to clean it out. Well now I have strong motivation and am working like mad to clear it all out.

The trick will be preventing a new build-up of crap once I have made the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment