Friday, June 18, 2010

Settling In

Well I got into Seattle a couple of days ago and I am trying to get a feel for my new home. The streets here are not laid out in a logical manner, at least not logical to me. However I can get from the house to Bellevue and back, and I can find I-90 which will get me to most everything else.

One of the first things I did was to go on the Beer Mapping Project to see what was close to my new place. Limiting the search to a five mile radius still turned up over 100 hits, one of which is right down the street a few blocks. Since my brother and sister-in-law are going to a Mariners game tonight I thought I would check it out and see. However it will have to be late as the reviews I have read all seem to indicate that the place is crawling with Yuppies and their spawn. Seems that the Madrona area of Seattle has been recently gentrified and the Yuppies seem to think that it is a great idea to bring the kiddies to a bar.

The one thing that I did do today was take a walk down to Lake Washington from the house. I am on 33rd, and the lake is around 40th. Sounds easy right? Well, most of those blocks are down hill at about a 45° angle. Steep enough that walking down was bothering my knees. The walk back took twice as long as the outbound trip. However if I am serious about changing my life and getting in better shape this is the sort of thing I need to be doing. I think in the future that I will walk to the library three days a week and down to the lake the other two.

No comments:

Post a Comment